What We Offer
The Apostleship of the Sea serves seafarers across the world, regardless of belief, nationality or race. In all the main ports in Canada our team of chaplains and ship visitors visit thousands of ships each year, meeting your needs, through the provision of help, support and advice. To find out where your nearest port chaplain is, click here.
- Communications advice and support including the provision of phone cards and internet access so that you can keep in touch with family and friends.
- Transport to and from your ship to the nearest seafarers’ centre, town or church.
- Someone to talk to if you need advice or support or just a listening ear. Our chaplains and volunteers are here for you.
- Spiritual support, prayer and counselling, assuring you of the Church’s love for you, regardless of your faith background.
- Emergency help and support, working together with other organisations.