Terms and Conditions
Apostleship of the Sea Legal Information
Apostleship of the Sea, a registered charity in England & Wales, number 1069833 (registered company number 3320318); a registered charity in Scotland, number SC43085, having its registered office at 39 Eccleston Square SW1V 1BX, (“Apostleship of the Sea “) has established this site (the “Site”) for your personal entertainment, information and communication. The Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing the Site, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
1. You may, subject to paragraph 8, download one copy of the materials contained in or displayed on the Site and print off pages of the Site for non-commercial personal use only provided that (a) you do not remove or alter any copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials and (b) all use is for lawful purposes only. Neither the content of the Site nor any part of it may be distributed, reproduced, modified, transmitted, reused, re-posted or used for public or commercial purposes without Apostleship of the Sea’s prior written permission.
2. If you download any software from the Site, the software, including all files, images, contained in or generated by the software and accompanying data (together, the “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Apostleship of the Sea. Neither title nor any intellectual property rights are transferred to you, but remain with Apostleship of the Sea. You may not resell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert the Software to a human perceivable form. Either of us may terminate the licence at any time immediately with or without notice and on such termination you must destroy all materials including (but not limited to) the Software obtained from the Site and all copies.
3. The Site and the content, functionality and design of the Site is protected in the UK and elsewhere in the World by copyrights, designs and/or design rights and other intellectual property rights or either used by us under licence from a third party or owned by Apostleship of the Sea. None of the Site, the Site content, the Site functionality or the Site design, nor any part of any of each, may be used in any manner whatsoever, except either as provided for in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site or within the strict terms of the written permission of Apostleship of the Sea obtained for the proposed use in advance of such use (and in respect of which. Apostleship of the Sea neither warrants nor represents that your proposed use will not infringe any third party rights).
4. The materials contained in or displayed on this Site are provided “as is” and without warranties or representations of any kind either expressed or implied. Apostleship of the Sea disclaims all warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose. Apostleship of the Sea does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free.
5. Apostleship of the Sea will not be liable for any damages or injury howsoever caused including, but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure. Apostleship of the Sea will not be liable for any damages or injury that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in the Site howsoever caused.
6. Apostleship of the Sea and any other party involved in producing or delivering the Site assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
8. The trade marks and logos (the “Trade Marks”) displayed on Site include the registered and unregistered trade marks of Apostleship of the Sea. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions on the Site may be construed as granting any licence or right to use any of the Trade Marks without the prior written permission of Apostleship of the Sea or other proprietor of the Trade Marks. Any use of the Trade Marks or any other content on the Site except as provided in these Terms and Conditions is strictly prohibited.
9. Apostleship of the Sea has not reviewed any sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is entirely at your own risk.
10. Unless otherwise stated or the context requires otherwise the Site relates to the business of Apostleship of the Sea in the United Kingdom only.
11. Apostleship of the Sea controls and operates this site from its registered office stated above. All communications regarding this website should be addressed to Apostleship of the Sea, 20 Monument Road, Suite 32 Kempton Park. 2193
12. Any exclusion or restriction of liability contained in these Terms and Conditions shall apply only to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of England.
13. You are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws relating to the use of or otherwise connected with the Site. To the extent that this Site or any activity contemplated by it would infringe any law of a jurisdiction other than England, then you are prohibited from accessing this Site or attempting to carry on any such offending activity and this provision shall override all other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
14. Any use of the Site shall be subject to the laws of England and any dispute arising from such use or otherwise in connection with the Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. All information given in this site applies to the UK only and is correct at the time of going to press, but is subject to change without notice. It is not intended to give rise to any legally binding obligation and may not be considered to make any representation on any matter.
News & Stories
I would like to thank Deacon Dan and Kerry for hosting me in their residence during my port visit to Halifax. It also gave me an opportunity to have a clear view of the departure of the cruise ships Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary. ... See MoreSee Less
This morning I had driven from Fredericton to Halifax. Visited the Seafarers center with the Chaplain Deacon Dan. The Chaplain from Sydney Fr.Roman came over to meet us. We had a meeting there and blessed the food about to be shared with the well wishers of the Seafarers center. We also participated in that fundraising lunch. After lunch visited a ship. Deacon Dan is hosting me in his residence this evening. I also visited St.Thomas church where Deacon Dan serves. Tomorrow morning I will be driving back to Montreal. ... See MoreSee Less
I am in my annual port visit to Quebec and Maritime region of Nova Scotia. Yesterday I had visitted Three-rivers. The AoS Chaplaincy and the Chaplain with a volunteer. The amazing achievement of the Chaplain Deacon Paul Racete is that he has recruited 30 volunteers to his center. ... See MoreSee Less
1 month ago
Happy SEA Sunday. The Seafarers on board the ship OOCL BELGIUM were so happy to welcome on board the ship our AoS Episcopal promoter Bishop Dowd on board to celebrate Sea Sunday mass. I thank the Bishop to have had the humility to accept the invitation and to have climbed up the ship to celebrate with the Seafarers the joy of Sea Sunday. Sea Sunday gave the Bishop an opportunity to have a taste of ships visit and to feel the pulse of Seafarers needs. The Bishop also mentioned that this is my first but will not be the last. ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
On last Thursday evening I left from Montreal to Toronto and Friday afternoon went to Mississauga. Deacon Michael Ho took me to visit Hamilton Seafarers center and to have a meeting with the Pastor Dan with whom the AoS coordinate their work. Then we went to Humber Bay park to have a dinner meeting with the Anglican coordinator for Ontario Pastor Judith. Every thing went well according to our plans. My special thanks to our AoS coordinator for Ontario Deacon Michael Ho for organizing my visit and meetings. ... See MoreSee Less